For marketing automation, content is king. But what relevance is compelling content if people aren’t converting from it? Marketing automation is great if you have designed drip programmes and a customer journey for your prospects, but lack of this, and a suitable content strategy, will have you facing some challenges.
Before you start with your content marketing planning, you need to understand why you are creating content in the first place. The right content, at the right time, can help you convert more leads at the top, middle and bottom of the funnel. In order to achieve this and for successful content creation, you’ll need two key elements
- A content framework which allows you to produce the different types of content suited to each segment of your database
- A content production process by which you can maintain a consistency of tone and brand message across segments and channels
Both these elements can help you with your customer journey mapping session, whereby you plan the exact steps a prospect should follow, dependant on the asset they have interacted with. Once you have decided this, you can start to produce the premium and supporting content you’ll need to drive traffic and generate leads.
Marketing automation, and the automated content served with it, are fundamental in being able to process and manage leads effectively. The right content can allow for sales to spend a lot less time on prospects, because the nurturing is done for them. f you get the content aspect of marketing automation right, you will start to see the benefits both in marketing, and sales. You will additionally be able to make decisions based on content statistics, through a data-driven marketing and sales strategy.
Marketing automation leads to savings in time and money while enhancing your relationship with prospects and customers. The question is not ‘should we employ marketing automation?’ but ‘how and when should we employ it?’ You may have already taken the step to invest in marketing automation or be deciding on a platform. However, from the implementation of a new platform to consultancy on an existing one, with marketing automation there’s a lot to think about. If you need more information, this guide has been designed to help marketing automation users get the most from their investment by helping to understand the steps required for a successful strategy.
By downloading, you can expect to learn
- How to make marketing automation worth the investment
- The challenges of marketing automation and how to overcome them
- How to form the right strategy for success
- How to better engage with your personas
- How important creating quality content is
- The best way to generate, convert and manage leads
- How to use analytics to improve marketing and sales alignment
To learn how you can empower your team with marketing automation, download our guide .